The Church of Uganda is a Jesus-loving, Bible-believing, Spirit-filled Anglican Church engaged in the mission of Jesus Christ in today’s world.
KIDO: Mobilizing local resources for Vision 2025’s goals of socio-economic development
Kingdom Development Organ (KIDO) is a unique resource mobilization tool of the Church of Uganda’s Vision 2025 strategic plan. Through the KIDO channel of contributions, the Church of Uganda hopes to fund 39% of the strategic plan.
KIDO’s goal is for every member of the Church of Uganda to contribute UGX 500 per day through using the platform of mobile money transfers. The mobile money platform ensures there is no risk of fraud and all funds are immediately deposited into the Church of Uganda’s Provincial bank account.
KIDO’s nationwide and grassroots appeal through the use of mobile money transfer technology is a strategic step forward for the Church of Uganda taking seriously its responsibility to raise funds locally for development projects and programmes.
It is estimated that if only 9% of the church’s members – 1 million people – contribute UGX 500 per day the Church will be able to collect UGX 500 million daily on its Church of Uganda KIDO account. There are seven different contribution plans in KIDO:
- Daily – UGX 500 daily
- Weekly – UGX 3,500 weekly
- Monthly – UGX 15,000 monthly
- Quarterly (3 months) – UGX 45,000 quarterly (3 months)
- Annually (1 year) – UGX 182,500 annually (1 year)
- 5 Years – UGX 912,500 (5 years)
- 10 years – UGX 1,825,000 for ten years
What will the Church of Uganda do with these funds? The resources raised through the KIDO platform will fund 39% of the Church of Uganda’s Vision 2025 strategic plan. KIDO’s funds have been designated for the following priorities:
- Starting the Church of Uganda’s Talent Bank
- Supporting entrepreneurship development
- Upgrading the Church of Uganda’s 254 health centres and hospitals
- Improving the facilities and offerings of the Church of Uganda’s more than 6,500 educational institutions
- Developing decent and affordable housing for communities
The KIDO channel of supporting the work of the Church of Uganda is especially appropriate for those whose passion and burdens are to see Christ-centred holistic transformation in families and communities. If you care about improved health care throughout the country and improved educational institutions, then KIDO is for you!
For the price of one piece of roasted maize every day – a kido – the Church can raise from within its members the necessary resources to see transformation take place. It’s a safe, easy, and simple way for every member of the church to have an impact on grassroots communities.
All funds contributed through the KIDO platform are safeguarded by the Trustees of the Church of Uganda and, during the ten-years of the Vision 2025 strategic plan, will only be used for the purposes outlined above.
For more information, contact KIDO Coordinator Sam Kazooba at firstname.lastname@example.org or +256 772 636 293.
Contributing through KIDO is easy:
- MTN Mobile Money transfer
- Airtel Mobile Money transfer
- Direct Bank deposit at Equity Bank
Account Name: The Registered Trustees of the Church of Uganda
Account Number: 1039200906722